Platform Arts Hub Blayney is an art gallery and community hub located at the the refurbished 1876 heritage listed Blayney Railway Station in Central NSW.
The continually changing cultural and exhibition program showcases regional and local artists, meaning there is always something new and exciting to inspire you.
Get involved and hands on with the creative arts workshops and various community activities.
Our First Birthday party this Saturday has been pushed back to the opening of Textures of One, on Friday, 6 May, 6pm
Textures of One is Platform Arts Hub Blayney’s annual small art prize for local artists within 100km radius of Blayney NSW. This year’s theme, ‘Light and Shade’ is open to interpretation through all art mediums, for artists aged 18yrs +.
We have three independent judges who will decide on the overall Winner of $1000. The Blayney Shire Council Acquisition Prize will be judged by representatives from council. The Loretta Kervin Award will be judged by members of the Kervin family.
One artist cannot receive more than one award.
- Overall Winner, awarded $1000 to Mark Logan
- Blayney Shire Council Acquisition Prize $1000 to Nikki Burns
- The Loretta Kervin Award $200 to Pauline Barnes
Jason Masters is having an exhibition and a fundraiser at Platform, with a raffle, lucky door prize and artworks sold through silent auction
- 25% of artworks sales donated to Blayney Can Assist
- 100% of raffle tickets donated to Blayney Can Assist
- Exhibition dates: 25 March – 3 April 2022
- Opening Friday, 25 March 6pm
- Raffle drawn on Sunday, 3rd April 2022
$5 each, or buy 3 and get1 free. We will manually add your extra ticket into the hat when it’s time to draw the raffle prizes
With thanks to Blayney IGA and Tattersalls hotel for sponsoring the opening
This fundraiser is made possible thanks to the generosity of our community. Prizes include:
Lucky door prize- Tracey Mackie, breadboard, tote bag, cushion covers. To be drawn on Friday, 25th March, after 6pm.
The Raffle will be drawn on the last day of the exhibition, Sunday 3 April 22. Prizes include:
- 2 night stay at Milthorpe Truffles – silent auction
- Generation Buzz – potted indoor plant
- Adobe hair, gift voucher
- Zenio Lapka, original photographic print
- Simple Beauty with Zoe, gift voucher
- Elizabeth Taberner, original artwork
- Milthorpe Garden Nursery , To be announced
- Plants and Pretty Pieces, planter
- Book Book Book, two handbound notebooks
- Maxine Chapman, original artwork
- Blayney Hi-Grade Meats, voucher
- Jo Hill – Party Lite pack
- Olde Bridge Gallery Newbridge- stationary box of original bird cards with pen
Special thanks to Elara Farms and John & Karen Oborn for their support
|We warmly invite you to attend the opening of the Platform Visitors Experience displays at the Platform Arts Hub on Friday 10 December 2021. |
Deputy Premier Paul Toole together with SydneyTrains CEO Howard Collins, will unveil the Visitors Experience Display at 12 noon on the Blayney Railway Platform. Come along and celebrate a piece of Blayney Rail History, the new Visitors Experience Display showcases the important part the town of Blayney and it’s Railway Station played in history.
|Due to current COVID-19 restrictions on visitor numbers we will need your RSVP by Monday 6 December 2021. |
Just a remind that you will need to check in using the QR code when you arrive at the Railway Station & provide proof of vaccination.
VISIT PLATFORM ARTS HUB BLAYNEY
- Open Thursday – Sunday: 10am – 4pm
- Blayney Railway Station: Cnr Adelaide St and Railway Lane, Blayney